Director of Photography
Production Sound Mixe
Successful suburbanite Erin is slowly realizing that not every neighbor is super-dee-dooper.
* * *
Firmament Films, along with Backflip Films, teamed up once again to craft an entire film in a weekend for the 2014 48 Hour Film Project’s 4 Points Challenge, The 4 Points, like the 48 Hour Project assigns each competing team a genre, prop, line of dialogue, and character. Everything is created within the weekend time period, from the story to the music to the final product. Nothing is created in advance.
The required elements:
Prop: a Balloon
Line of Dialogue: “I heard you the first time.”
Character: Martin Burley, ATM Technician
Learn more about the 48 Hour Film Project at www.48hourfilm.com
- This film was concepualized, filmed, and completed in less than 72 hours for the International 4=Points Challenge 2014
- This was a last minute addition to the possibe scripts to film for the weekend. Upon conceptualizing it, T.C., Jeff, and Kris fell in love with the idea, and it became their top and only choice for the weekend. Producers Julia Smith and Chris Moehr instantly agreed. Normally a selection of ideas to debate over, this complete agreement is a first for Firmament.
- Candace Ostler's character is named after Erin Phipps, long-time Firmament/Backflip family memeber who was unable to attend the weekend's production.
- Erin's husband Curt is named after Producer Julia Smith's husband Curt Wilke.
- Typically editor, this marks the largest on-screen role for Chad Halvorsen as Gordon.
- Coincidentally, intentionally or subconsciously inserted, there are many reoccurring ideas from the Firmament library in this film: (SPOILERS) A character is struck by a vehicle, naming a character(s) after someone unable to attend, a neighbor hosing the lawn, an element of cartoonish death, a dysfunctional relationship, and Jessica Moehr playing a girl friend/wife.
- Gordon watering his lawn is reminicent of Bill from the Noize water his lawn, including the use of the actual water sound effect of the hose from the Noize.
- Cameo: Writer/Director T.C. De Witt as the new neighbor moving in during the post-credits scene.
- Spoiler: One of the Gordon's in the garage is wearing the red tie Curt was wearing the last time he was seen.
- With her cameo as the cute wife in the post-credits scene, this marks Jessica Moehr's 8th appearance in a 48 Hour Film Project, giving her the most appearances in the Firmament 48 Hour library.