Special Visual Effects
Costumes and Make-up
A man remembers the life and love he once had.
On June 7th, 2013, Firmament Films’ It Was Wonderful was shown at the Flying Car Gala in Milwaukee. Writer/director T.C.’s script for a short film about Man’s relationship with technology was selected as a finalist in the video competition at the event. Firmament quickly gathered together our power players and got the short shot and edited for the competition placing second.
The piece is about our way of maintaining relationships with the help of technology, even relationships that have ended. We use photos, and videos, and in some fantasy future, we may use holograms.
- At the Filying Car event, this film was played on a loop. Knowing that this was going to be the case, the piece is designed to be viewed as a loop. There is no true beginning or end. It can be viewed from any point, and the narrative is still clear.
- The young child running around the happy couple is writer/diretor T.C. De Witt's three-year-old nephew Xavier.
- Cameo: Producer Chris Moehr as one of the pedestrians in the cityscape shot.
- Camero: Actor Dale Idhe as the man checking his watch in the the cityscape shot.
- The Lake Michigan beach seen here was seen previously in the music video for Brandon Anderson's "I'll Keep Driving".
- Placed 2nd at the Flying Car 2013